Green pools are often caused by algae growth in the water. This could take on the form of patches of green, yellow or black substances that fluffs into the water when touched or stirred. The water may have discoloration, usually green.
DO NOT use your automatic vacuum, as there is no option of vacuuming on waste/drain.
- Bring a pool water sample into Buds for water balance assistance.
- Remove solar blanket from pool and keep it off.
- Remove large organic debris from the bottom of the pool with deep leaf net.
- Adjust pH to 7.2 as per kit instructions.
- Add a Solution 48 KIT to the pool, following the directions enclosed and two kits if pool exceeds 90 000L.
- Brush down the walls and the floor of the pool. Be sure to brush areas on and around steps, ladders and corners very well.
- Only use KLEAR SOK with sand filters.
- 24 hours after kit add Algi Pro 40.
- After 48 hours, backwash the sand filter for approximately 3-5 minutes or rinse cartridge filters.
*All dead organic matter may need to be MANUALLY VACUUMED on waste/drain after treatment in order to by-pass the filter. If cartridge filter doesn’t have a bypass, cartridges will need to be rinsed every 3-5 minutes while vacuuming.
*To avoid manually vacuuming to waste/drain POOL FIRST AID can be added to the pool to destroy left over organics such as dead algae.
- As soon as the pool clears, be sure to chemically clean your filter using FILTER CLEANER. This will remove any remaining algae spores that backwashing/rinsing will not get rid of.
- If pool does not clear bring back a water sample. If the water is clear, balance accordingly.
- Solar blanket must be cleaned before it can be used on the pool again.
If you have a sand filter that has never been chemically cleaned and the sand is 3-5 years old, we highly recommend that you change the sand before treating for algae.
*Always ensure pump and filter systems run continuously until pool is cleared.